Approximate Leaf Dimensions: 27in x 10in
Approximate Leaves Per Pound: 18
Now Only $23.99 / LB
The Fronto / Dark Air Cured (W1) is a dark and thick tobacco leaf that is also air cured to perfection. The W1 Grade name signifies that it was grown in Tennessee, USA.
This dark air cured fronto leaf is large and chocolate brown in color. This delicious little fronto leaf will only continue darken with age. The leaves tend to be larger in size than average for Dark Air Cured leaves, and they can vary in color throughout a pound of the leaf a bit more than other varieties of DAC [Dark Air Cured].
Even though this DAC fronto leaf comes tied in bundles [or ‘Hands’] due to its large size, you should expect slightly more damage than our other bundled D.A.C. leaf options.
Dark Air Cured Fronto Leaf [J1] is one of many kinds of fronto leaf that is also called Grabba, Red Rose, Red Leaf, Fronto, Funta… the leaves are dark & thick and commonly used for crushing or blending as a grabba leaf [popular in the Caribbean]. These dark air cured fronto leaves provide a bold smoke that grabba leaf smoker’s would refer to as ‘hot’ or having a strong ‘hit’.
This type of leaf is commonly sold either by the leaf, or by the pound in many stores. Although primarily used to mix with, it is also possible to roll with some of the thinner varieties of dark air cured fronto leaf ==>> [DAC GR virtually exclusively]
- These Dark Air Cured Fronto leaves harvested fresh from the farm!
- Fronto leaves are thick, easy to handle, and are great as “roll your own” tobacco.
- This Fronto leaf is also called grabba leaf, which is famous for it’s strong / bold flavor profile.
- Despite the thickness and strength of this tobacco leaf, it burns evenly, tastes smooth and produces a clean ash.
- Dark Air Cured Fronto is for tobacco enthusiasts with an acquired taste. Popular in Jamaica and the Caribbean!
* Dark Air Cured Fronto is unrefined, meaning that some leaves have imperfections such as holes, torn strips, and discolorations.
PREPARING THE LEAF FOR USE:
Our whole leaf tobacco always arrives fresh, but it helps to know how to handle it upon receipt of shipment. To learn more watch our complete video tutorial about Handling & Storage of Whole Leaf Tobacco.